Hey there stranger! I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve posted. I took a much needed break last weekend to spend time with my mother-in-law before our big move. She was only in town for a long weekend, and we had a full agenda. It was her birthday so went out to dinner, played at the beach, and went whale watching on a winter cruise.
We always have a great time when she visits. We make delicious food, drink wine and laugh until our cheeks hurt. Whenever I need recipe advice, she’s my go to gal. One night after dinner, we were talking about her famous Chicken Tortilla Soup when I was suddenly inspired. With the help from my sou chef, we were able to come up with the Spicy Jalapeño Chicken Pinwheel.
Gooey cream cheese, plump tomatoes, and cilantro, yum! The best thing about this recipe is that it only requires 5 ingredients! Now that’s my kind of meal! It’s spicy, creamy, and extremely enjoyable.
This would be perfect as an appetizer or a quick snack. Serve for a large crowd, or enjoy with a fresh green salad. If you’re worried about the heat, rest assured, it’s not that bad. I’m such a whimp when it comes to spice, but this recipe I can handle. My husband on the other hand likes to doctor his up with more diced jalapeños. If you find it to be too much, I’m sure it would be just as delicious with regular cream cheese.
It’s almost impossible to have only one! But don’t take my word for it, try it for yourself!
Pin now, enjoy later!
- 1 large tortilla
- 1-2 tbsp. spicy jalapeño Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- 4 slices of chicken deli meat
- 2 slices fresh tomato
- Lay your large tortilla on a flat surface
- Spread about 1-2 tbsp. of cream cheese all over the tortilla. Then sprinkle cilantro onto the cream cheese.
- Place your slices of deli meat on the tortilla. Then, take the tomato and align towards the edge then tightly roll up the tortilla.
- Insert toothpicks about 1 inch apart. Using your knife, cut in between the toothpicks.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!