Celebrate this holiday season with a fun and festive batch of these Holiday Monster Cookies. Perfectly crunchy on the outside, and slightly soft on the inside. This recipe will soon become a family favorite!
I don’t know about you, but one of my fondest memories as a child has always been baking Christmas cookies with my mom. We would stay up late, listen to Christmas music, and bake at least five dozen different cookies. It was a holiday tradition that we both looked forward to.
Now as an adult, I’m blessed to have carried on that tradition with my own children. While we typically stick to our usual sugar cookies, we’ve recently started to venture out. Last year we tried White Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies, and this year we’ve hit the jackpot with these Holiday Monster Cookies.
Full of all my favorite ingredients like peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&Ms, these bad boys hardly need an introduction. Plus they contain oats and nuts, so that means they’re healthy right?!
Holiday Monster Cookies
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 c cup oats
- 1 c M&Ms
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars.
- Add in peanut butter, vanilla, egg and mix well with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Once everything is combined, fold in oats 1/2 c at a time.
- Now, fold in the M&Ms, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, place cookies a few inches apart on a well greased baking sheet.
- **Note: I gently pressed cookie dough down so it was semi flat.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
While I’m all about an ooey-gooey cookie that melts in your mouth, this version is quite the opposite. The crunchy exterior makes these cookies the perfect candidate for dunking in a large class of milk. Bursting with milk chocolate, it’s nearly impossible to only have one. Trust me.
Now that you know what I’m making for Santa this year, what type of cookie is on your list?
Pin now, enjoy later!