I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend, I know we sure did! We spent the entire weekend decorating the house, chopping down our tree and indulging in cookies. Sunday was National Cookie Day, so it was only natural that we enjoy a dozen… or two.
Instead of baking traditional chocolate chip cookies, we decided to create our own recipe using cinnamon chips. So, with a few additional ingredients the White Chocolate Cinnamon Cookie was born.
This is one of the best homemade cookies I have ever had. Seriously, white chocolate and cinnamon should become BFF. I’m kicking myself in the butt for not coming up with this earlier. I guess I can thank my crazy cravings for this one. And no, I am not pregnant. Recently, I have formed an addiction to cinnamon everything! I put cinnamon in my coffee grounds, cinnamon in my yogurt, and I’ve even put cinnamon on my pork. Hey, don’t hate it until you try it. So of course I had to bake cinnamon cookies.
All you need is:
2 1/4 c flour
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 c light brown sugar
1 c browned butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c cinnamon chips
1/2 c white chocolate chips
I went out on a limb and did things a little bit differently this time. Instead of using the normal room temperature butter, I used browned butter. If you’re not familiar, it’s basically caramelized butter. It transforms boring into a beautiful nutty flavored. I swear this minor swap made all the difference.
Can you say YUMMM?! Pin now, enjoy later
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c browned butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c cinnamon chips
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees.
- Then combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine browned butter, vanilla and sugars. Add one egg at a time, mixing gradually.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Then, fold in cinnamon and chocolate morsels.
- Using a tablespoon, add cookie dough to baking sheet and bake for about 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cook and enjoy
- Let browned butter sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before mixing