Happy Saturday everyone! I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad it’s the weekend. It’s been such a long time, I feel like there’s so much I want to share with everyone. But if you follow me on Instagram, you’re well aware that we’ve made it to Guam in one piece. The 24 hours of traveling went surprisingly well, thank goodness.
Although it has been an exhausting few weeks, we’re finally getting settled into our new home. We received our household goods the other day, which means I can finally sleep in my own bed! And that my friends, calls for a celebration. Which brings me to these yummy Watermelon Margaritas.
On island, the average temp is about 87 degrees, all day long. Yes you read that right, all day long. So by the time evening rolls around, I want a cool and refreshing cocktail to sip on while the kids run around outside. Their new favorite hobby is to catch lizards in our yard, which works out great for me! They spend hours chasing after them, while I enjoy a mommy beverage. Win-win situation if you ask me.
This dangerously delicious recipe combines fresh watermelon, Outshine Lime Fruit Bars and tequila of your choice. On the island I couldn’t find limeade concentrate, which is why I used the frozen bars. But it actually turned out better than I thought. And the best part is that it only takes 10 minutes. So you can spend less time in the kitchen, and more time drinking outside.
This recipe would be perfect for any taco Tuesday, or summer BBQ. Pair with chips and salsa, and you’re ready to rock and roll. Simply adjust the servings if you’re entertaining a crowd, or if you just want to get loopy.
Cheers! Pin now, enjoy later!
- 4 c sweet seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 oz. agave tequila
- 1 Outshine lime fruit bar, cubed
- Sea salt (optional)
- Lime slices (optional)
- In a blender, puree the 4 cups of watermelon until no chunks remain. For no pulp, pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Pour back into the blender and add the lime juice, tequila, and lime fruit bar. Mix well.
- Pour into your favorite glass and garnish with sea salt and lime slices.
- Enjoy on the rocks with frozen watermelon cubes instead of ice!