This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure statement.
Happy Friday friends! I hope everyone has something fun planned, as far as us, nothing special planned yet. I told B he could have sleepover, so on the menu tonight is BBQ Chicken Pizza and popcorn!
Now that Ben is gone, it seems like this has become our Friday night tradition. Food, friends and fun. Which is exactly how I want to spend our last few weeks here. The boys run around playing, while us moms sip our wine. Sounds like a perfect night to me!
Last weekend I made a simple cheese pizza with basil, tomatoes and feta cheese. So, in order to switch it up a little, I’ve decided to made a thin crust BBQ chicken pizza and my skinny ranch for dipping. I am in love with this pizza! I use a store-bought crust, because let’s be honest, I don’t have patience to make my own dough. And sugar-free BBQ sauce. This way, I don’t feel as bad if I accidentally eat half of an entire pizza.
I love using a variety of cheeses when it comes to this pizza. I didn’t want to make a special trip to the store, so I used what I had on hand. Which was mozzarella, mild cheddar and Colby. I start by marinating my chicken in the BBQ sauce, typically overnight, but a few hours will do. Once the chicken is grilled and cooled, I shred it into pieces then mix with more BBQ sauce.
Before pouring the sauce on the crust, I like to spray with coconut oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, making sure to add a little extra to the crust. Then I apply a thin layer of BBQ sauce to the crust, and add the shredded chicken. Next I generously spread the cheese and add the onion. Top with parsley and bake for about 12 minutes. Depending on which crust you purchase, baking times with vary.
And just like that dinner is served! I love how simple this recipe is and the fact that it only calls for 6 ingredients, most of which I always have on hand. At the bottom of the page you can find a few of my favorite products I use when baking pizza! Enjoy!
Pin now, enjoy later!
- 1 store bought thin crust
- 1/4 c + 2 tbsp. sugar free BBQ sauce
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and shredded
- 2 c shredded cheese (I use Mozzarella, Colby and Cheddar)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- handful parsley, chopped
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven according to pizza crust package.
- In a small bowl, start by mixing 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce with the shredded chicken. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining BBQ sauce on the pizza crust and spread a thin layer covering the entire pizza. Sprinkle with garlic powder, optional.
- Take the shredded chicken and layer on the pizza crust.
- Once the cheese is shredded, generously spread all over the pizza.
- Now, add the chopped onion and parsley.
- Bake according to package instructions. Allow to cool, slice pizza and enjoy!
- For a flavorful crust, spray with coconut oil and sprinkle garlic powder.