Tonight we’re hosting a Teen Titans Go St. Patrick’s Day party for B and a few of his friends. We’ll be making clover pizzas, drinking green milk and munching on this yummy Kettle Corn Snack Mix. In our home, popcorn is everybody’s favorite snack. I don’t buy the bags, but instead pop our own. This allows us to mix up the flavors however we want.
And tonight’s festivities call for the sweet and savory kettle corn. This snack combines all of the perfect elements! Popcorn, cereal and chocolate! I mean seriously, it doesn’t get much better than that!
While I prefer to make my own kettle corn, store bought would work just as well. Sweet and crunchy, this treat will go fast, trust me. In fact, I had a hard time taking pictures because little baby hands kept trying to eat the marshmallows.
I’m so glad I was able to find these cute tins from the dollar section at Target, because where else would I shop, for all off B’s friends to take home. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to see more from our fun filled party! Cheers!
Pin now, enjoy later!
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 c popcorn kernels
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 c chocolate cereal
- 1/4 c mini marshmallows
- 1/4 c melted chocolate
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add salt and kernels to saucepan, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add sugar to the kernels and gently shake often.
- The kernels can burn easily, be sure to shake often. Once the popping is close to done, approx. 3 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to a baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions, set aside.
- Add cereal and marshmallows to the popcorn and drizzle melted chocolate on top.
- Refrigerate for about 7 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!