When it comes to holiday entertaining, nothing beats a night with friends, wine, and these Cranberry Jalapeno Bites. Flaky on the outside, and gooey on the inside, this may be my new favorite appetizer!
As much as I love spending time in the kitchen, there are times when slaving over the oven is the last thing I want to do. Especially while entertaining a crowd. Hosting an event during the holidays is stressful enough, so why make it more complicated with time consuming finger foods?
Which brings me to these simple and festive Cranberry Jalapeno Bites. It’s the perfect twist on the classic recipe, only with a little holiday flair. I normally don’t add cranberries to this recipe, because the Stella® Parmesan Cheese mixed with fresh jalapenos is amazing on it’s own. However, there’s something about the sweet and tart fruit that really make this appetizer pop.
In fact, no party would be complete without them! I’m sure everyone has had a few jalapeno poppers in their lifetime, but have you had them with cheese that’s been aged over 10-months? Stella® Parmesan Cheese is one of the country’s most popular fine cheeses. Which explains why I cant get enough of this recipe. Dating back to 1923, Stella® cheeses has been transforming traditional dishes to an out of this world, gourmet experience.
- 1.5 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1-2 large jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c Stella Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 c cranberries, cooked*
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface, take the thawed puff pastry sheets and roll out with a rolling pin. Then cut the 1.5 sheets of puff pastry into 12 equal squares.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray, and place one square into each muffin tray.
- Generously poke holes in each square, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the cream cheese, jalapenos, cranberries and cheese in medium sized bowl.
- Once the pastry sheets are done baking, poke the middle with a fork to deflate, and spoon the cream cheese filling into each pasty cup.
- Bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
- * 1.5 c uncooked cranberries is approximately 1/2 c cooked cranberries
However you mix it up, don’t forget to grab Stella® Cheese next time you’re out! From shredded parmesan to crumbled feta, there is a flavor to match your craving! For more cheese inspiration, click here. And may this holiday season be full of love, laughter, and incredible food!
Pin now enjoy later